Company: Advanced Vehicle Assemblies LLC
Posted on: June 24, 2022
BASIC FUNCTIONManages the planning, procurement, storage,
control and distribution of materials and products to meet company
objectives and customer requirements. Directs and administers the
purchasing, inventory, production control, warehouse stock control,
and traffic related functions to support the plant.
SCOPEManages the materials management function to support the
- Directs and supervises the development of purchasing policies
and procedures for the procurement of all materials, components,
equipment and services required by the plant with the objective of
obtaining optimum quality, price, delivery and service.
- Collects and provides management with data concerning
long-range availability and prices of materials and
- Solicits and coordinates the maximum amount of supplier
assistance necessary for the application of new and improved
materials and processes at the plant.
- Maintains an effective balance between acquisition and
possession costs of materials to minimize manpower fluctuations and
maximize return on inventory capital.
- Directs the activities of warehousing, traffic, and general
inventory storage to ensure most efficient, timely and cost
efficient material flow into, through, and out of the plant.
- Establishes annual operating objectives and departmental goals
with related performance indicators.
- Administers personnel policies to both hourly and salaried
employees in the department. Approves and processes personnel
actions for selection, transfer, promotion, salary adjustments and
- Keep employees aware of company policies, procedures and
operational changes. Encourages employees to participate in
personal and professional growth opportunities.
- Establishes, evaluates and implements new inventory control
and/or other methods of material management to optimize efficiency
- Formulates, administers, controls and communicates necessary
vendor quality programs such as, Vendor SPC, Supplier Quality
Program and Vendor Evaluation in order to meet objectives and
- In order to achieve all customer assessment programs will
establish, administer and control functions concerning Purchasing
and Material Control to achieve needed vendor ratings, material
- Sets policies and direction for Purchasing to follow to meet
contractual demands on price reduction obligations.
- In order to improve Quality Ratings must effectively implement
cost reduction and quality improvement programs, both internal and
- Education - Bachelor's Degree preferably in Supplier Materials
Management and Logistics or Business Administration
- Experience - Minimum of ten (10) years of experience working as
a Materials Manager or related position.
- Experience with PLEX modules for shipping, inventory, and shop
- Experience in various customer service portals. *Visa
sponsorship and relocation assistance is not available. The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and requirements of personnel as classified.
Keywords: Advanced Vehicle Assemblies LLC, Roseville , Materials Manager, Executive , Roseville, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!