Company: CSL Behring LTD
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the evaluation of donor suitability for automated
pheresis procedures. Administration and supervision of approved
immunizations other than red blood cell immunizations. Provides
limited emergency medical care to donors and staff, including the
administration of medication or treatments in accordance with
licensure or certification.
* Promotes positive customer relations with all donors.
* Conducts confidential and effective interviews with donors to
obtain necessary information regarding suitability to donate
* In conjunction with the Center Medical Director and/or Center
Physician responds to medically related questions from staff
including donor suitability and provides information to staff on
medically related issues.
* Performs medical history reviews and health assessments on
donors. Assesses results of donor screening and laboratory tests to
determine initial and continuing donor suitability.
* Notifies and counsels donors regarding reactive test results.
Refers donors to community facilities for follow-up and
* Explains informed consent to applicant donors. This includes
explanation of procedures, hazards and potential adverse events;
explanation of immunization schedules, dose and antibody response;
providing clear opportunity for donor to refuse participation;
obtaining signature and date certifying informed consent.
* Handles medical emergencies at the Center by providing routine
care as outlined in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); elevates
situations to Center Physician or local medical service providers
as required. Periodically checks emergency kits to assure supplies
are present and in-date.
* Reviews test results and determines continued donor suitability.
Follows SOPs regarding acceptable ranges of four-month required
test (PE/STS) reports. Maintains knowledge of and apply all rules
regarding four-month approvals and grace periods.
* Assess signs and symptoms a donor may exhibit that may result in
the inability to continue donating.
* Manages employee hepatitis B and influenza immunization program,
including administration of immunizations.
* Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper
immune programs at the center where applicable, and oversees donor
immunization programs. Reviews antibody titer results as required.
Maintains awareness of appropriate immunization schedule for each
* Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic
donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
* Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures
sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed.
Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational
Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures.
Promotes safety in all actions. May conduct routine audits of these
internal procedures and documentation.
* Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center
* May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the
* Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the
organization, to meet the needs of the business.
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
* Graduation from a paramedic, nursing, physician assistant,
chiropractic, medical school or naturopathic medical training
* If graduation is from a foreign allopathic or osteopathic medical
school, must also currently be licensed as a physician or state
certification as an emergency medical technician
* Minimum of one (1) year experience in a health care
* Experience in a plasma or whole blood collection center or other
regulated environment preferred
* Ability to make and analyze a physical assessment of heart, lung
sounds, signs of drug use, etc.
* Ability to instruct donors, staff and community regarding the
benefit of plasma donation programs
(physical & mental requirements)
* Ability to make decisions, which have moderate impact on
immediate work unit.
* Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written
* Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe
* Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100%
* Examine and assess the skin and other abnormalities through
sight, touch and smell
* Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
* Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
* Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
* Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures
and to blood borne pathogens
* Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing
specific tasks or in certain areas
* Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or
other legally protected classifications.
Please note, we may not have an immediate need at the present time;
however we are always interested in speaking to well qualified
candidates for future openings. If you are interested in exploring
a career with CSL, please apply. We may have both full-time and
part-time positions available. Someone will follow up depending on
the current needs, but please be aware correspondence may not be
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It's important
and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Plasma
CSL Plasma is one of the world's largest collectors of human
plasma. Our work helps to ensure that people with rare and serious
diseases are able to live normal, healthy lives. We are committed
to our work because lives depend on us. Learn more about CSL
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL
embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Plasma!
Keywords: CSL Behring LTD, Roseville , EMT Paramedic, Healthcare , Roseville, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!