Medical Assistant II
Company: Beaumont Health
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Sign-on Bonus $2,000 - Full-time - Primary Care - Roseville -
New PracticeGENERAL SUMMARY:Under the direction of management and
physician leadership, performs and oversees functions related to
the clinical activities including, but not limited to: maintains
patient flow by assisting and promoting the delivery of primary and
preventative health care, performs technical procedures, lab
protocols and clinically oriented activities under
physician/provider direction. The Medical Assistant II will assist
management in achieving office efficiencies in accordance with
stated policies/procedures to ensure efficient operations with a
focus on supporting physicians, clinic staff and management which
embodies the "Service First" philosophy to promote customer
satisfaction.ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Acts as an assistant to the
physician/provider by providing primary healthcare and patient care
- Collaborates work efforts with the clerical staff to optimize
operations and patient flow.
- Interacts with outside healthcare facilities and agencies
involving patient care and insurance.
- Maintains updated competencies, demonstrating ability to speak
to leadership and accreditation bodies about process and
- Perform front office duties to provide coverage as needed.
- Provide coverage in other departments or locations as
- Demonstrates excellent customer services skills and supports
the model of patient and family centered care.
- Performs and is formally assigned one of the additional
responsibilities as part of their primary duties, which should be
at least 20% or more of dedicated time:
- Primary Care gaps in care identification, outreach, and chart
- Residency clinic role
- High level disinfection
- Designated new hire preceptor
- Role in practice participating in or leading special
programs/grants (i.e. CPC Plus, SIM, Vaccine for Child Program,
process improvement, service excellence ambassador)
- Care management (PDCMs)
- Qualified language interpreter
- Super User for EPIC or specific competency
- Advanced provider support - assisting with complex procedures
and/or infusion/chemo scheduling.
- Multi-site/flexible pool assignmentSTANDARD QUALIFICATIONSTo
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
duties.Education / Training:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Completion of an accredited MA program, including a clinical
rotation, or equivalent experience required. -Work Experience: -
- Six (6) months MA work experience or a completed Beaumont MA
internship is required. 2-3 years of MA experience preferred -
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: -
- Current BCLS card.
- Active CMA, RMA, NCMA, CCMA, EMT, or LPN
certification/licensure or within 90 days of hire required. -Other
- Must be able to perform diagnostic testing, EKG's, administer
injections, blood pressures, navigate Epic One chart electronic
health record, and assist with minor surgical procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with physicians,
nurses, medical assistant students, practice administration, and
- Must exhibit behavior associated with the Beaumont Standards of
service, respect, ownership, and attitude.
- Other job duties as assigned.Beaumont Health grants equal
employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to
race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion,
genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Roseville , Medical Assistant II, Healthcare , Roseville, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!