Human Resources Generalist
Company: OnWay Transport
Posted on: June 25, 2022
OnWay Transport is looking for a Human Resource Generalist to
join our team in our Roseville office.. The Human Resource
Generalist is responsible for various functions of the Human
Resource department, including talent, compensation, benefits,
leave, reporting, and administration of company policies.The ideal
person for this position has proven expertise in Human Resources.
This includes benefits administration, talent acquisition,
compensation, reporting, benefits and training. To be a competent
HR Generalist, you should be patient and compassionate, have
excellent listening skills, and be able to multitask
- Recruitment- Recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of
qualified job applicants for all open positions. Work closely with
hiring managers to understand the needs of their department and any
required job openings. Schedule and coordinate pre-employment drug
tests and background verification. Create new-hire onboarding
programs and deliver compelling new-hire orientations.
- Education and training- Ensure mandatory training and
continuing education is complete and documented, including safety
training, code of conduct and handbook training, anti-harassment
training and certifications required. Maintain knowledge of trends,
best practices, changes to regulations, new technology
breakthroughs in HR, talent, and employment law.
- Benefits- -Assist employees with benefit programs and all leave
requests. Work closely with the Human Resource team on the annual
Open Enrollment period. Comply with all federal, state, and local
employment laws and regulations.
- Employee relations- Manage all details and coordination of
disciplinary discussions, terminations, and investigations. Guide
the leadership team on sensitive or complex matters and elevate to
the appropriate staff when investigations are required. Ensure
professionalism and confidentiality in all aspects of the role. -
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources is required
- A minimum of three years of experience in Human Resources
- Strong ability to multitask
- Transportation/logistics knowledge is a plus!
- Superb conflict resolution skills
- Ability to display integrity, professionalism, and
confidentiality at all times
- Strong knowledge of laws and regulations (SHRM certification
and LARA knowledge)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficient in HRIS and talent management systems
Keywords: OnWay Transport, Roseville , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Roseville, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!