Team Lead - Government Underwriting (Remote)
Work From Home MI
The team leader position supports the direct manager of the
Government underwriting operations team. Underwriting operations
provides credit decisions and business support to our
lenders/customers. They are a knowledgeable source of Government
guidelines in order to answer questions, they oversee pipelines,
employees and key service level metrics to maintain and improve our
service levels, productivity, and growth of the business with new
and existing accounts.
Employee may be required to work overtime based on business
* Provides assistance to the manager to review, assign and
prioritize the pipeline to achieve defined SLAs and goals.
* Works independently to direct/re-direct workflow multiple
times a day as necessary to achieve goals.
* Provides reports and analysis to management on workflow,
service levels, productivity and quality.
* Serves as the primary point of contact for workflow related
inquiries and issues surrounding Government guidelines. Explains
complex decisions and issues and deliver difficult messages in a
* Observes team behaviors, service and quality and provide
continual feedback to management. Works closely with management
and/or customer support to identify issues/trends to implement
* Answers and instructs underwriters in system and less complex
Government underwriting issues. Provide situational coaching and
mentoring to team members. Assists in training and ramping new
hires. Works with team to boost morale, be a role model, and
provide positive reinforcement.
* Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of
* Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local
laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training.
Maintains knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance
policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date
with changing regulations and policies.
* High School Diploma, GED, or foreign equivalent required. *
Bachelor's Degree preferred. * 5+ years mortgage related
experience, preferably origination, Government underwriting and /or
post closing. * Strong written and verbal communication skills. *
Strong email etiquette. * Ability to build relationships with
customers. * Displays initiative and drive for results. * Able to
work independently. * Problem solving and resolution skills. *
Proven decision making skills * Proven quality acumen. * Ability to
analyze data/reports and provide accurate assessments. *
Organizational skills. * Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
* Knowledge of Government UW Guidelines.
For Internal Use only: Job Band E-Hrly