Boring Mill Operator
Company: Crown Boring Industries, LLC
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Produce machined frames/bases/parts by programming, setting up, and
operating a large 30' boring mill; maintaining quality and safety
standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
* Operate large 30' Cincinnati Gilbert boring mill machine just
retrofit with FAGOR controller.
* Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering
plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference
planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters;
interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T)
* Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and
cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing
operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions;
troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls;
sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance
procedures and processes.
* Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and
* Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance
requirements; following manufacturer's instructions;
troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
* Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and
communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading technical publications.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities
to add value to job accomplishments.
Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication,
Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation,
Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control,
Attention to Detail, Judgment
Keywords: Crown Boring Industries, LLC, Roseville , Boring Mill Operator, Other , Roseville, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!