Patient Access Representative
Company: McLaren Health Care Corporation
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Under the direction of the Patient Access Registration Front
Line leadership team, the Patient Access Registrar is accountable
to ensure a smooth timely registration/admission process.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Accurately and efficiently performs registration and financial
functions via Electronic Medical Record (EMR) to include: thorough
interviewing techniques, registers patients in appropriate status,
following registration guidelines while ensuring the accurate and
timely documentation of demographic and financial data; obtains the
appropriate forms and scans into the medical record as per
- Greet customers promptly with a warm and friendly
- Collects, documents, scans all required demographic and
- Direct patients to appropriate setting, explaining, and
apologizing for any delays.
- Always maintains professionalism and diplomacy, following
specific standards as defined in the department professionalism
- Estimates and collects copays, deductibles, and other patient
- Manage all responsibilities within Compliance guidelines as
outlined in the Hospital and Department Compliance Plans and in
accordance with Meaningful Use requirements.
Applies recurring visit processing according to protocol.
- May facilitate use of electronic registration tools where
available (Wacom's, iPads, etc.).
- Performs duties otherwise assigned by Management.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1-year experience in a customer service role or health care
- Working knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook, Cerner,
EPIC or other EMR system, Electronic Eligibility System and various
websites for third party payers for verification is preferred
- Medical terminology preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer of
Keywords: McLaren Health Care Corporation, Roseville , Patient Access Representative, Other , Roseville, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...